Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WILL MY COFFEE BE ROASTED?
Roasting happens on a once or twice a week depending on demand. Ideally, we'll let the coffee beans degas for at least 48 hours to a week's rest before being packing for delivery / pick up. If a particular coffee runs out ahead of schedule, we will roast and send out a fresh batch to minimise wait time.
- Roasted coffee is considered extremely fresh if received between 2-8 days after roasting. We do not recommend brewing coffee only 24-hours after it has been roasted. This is considered too fresh and not within the aging parameters we recommend for our coffee - minimally 48-hours, better after 5 days, optimally with 2-3 weeks rest.
- Read this for more information - https://perfectdailygrind.com/2015/09/what-roasting-dates-can-cant-tell-you-about-coffee/
IS IT FRESH?
Freshly roasted coffee beans are typically degassed for 10-15 days before it is optimal for consumption. Degassing refers to the beans releasing carbon dioxide as well as developing flavours during that period
While there are individuals that prefer ultra fresh beans (roast day 1 to 5) and there is no wrong in that, based on testing (we drink a lot of coffee) and feedback from customers, our roasted beans taste best between day 10 and 30, and are fresh up to 60 days for most brew methods, 45 days for espresso, and 20-25 days for pre-ground coffee
- If you would like to order coffee from our most recent roast, please leave us a note at check out or inform us via the chat widget on our website - we’d be happy to oblige if available/possible!
WHEN WILL MY COFFEE BEANS BE DELIVERED?
*We use third party courier services and the delivery schedules may differ slightly depending on the vendor engaged.
- Coffee orders are packed by us and picked up once a day by couriers from Tuesdays to Fridays, as we are closed on Mondays and our couriers do not collect parcels on weekends
- Delivery to local addresses typically takes 1-3 business days from courier pick up (excluding collection day), with the occasional delays during peak season or when there are multiple public holidays.
- If you place an order on Tuesday before 2pm, your package will be prepared and picked up by the courier on Wednesday and you should receive your package between Thursday and Monday, barring any unforeseen delays.
- If you place an order on Tuesday after 2pm, your package will be prepared and picked up by the courier on Thursday and you should receive your package between Friday and Tuesday, barring any unforeseen delays.
- Orders placed before Friday 2pm should be delivered between Monday and Wednesday.
- Orders placed after Friday 2pm should be delivered between Tuesday and Thursday
Help! I need my coffee urgently, what do I do?
- Pre-orders and same-day delivery available via our platform here: order.roundboyroasters.com
- Contact us on whatsapp (+6588741998) or via our chat widget to arrange a grab express pick up and same-day delivery
- Reserve a locker for self-collection outside our cafe ( available 24 hours and free!)
Will I be notified when it gets shipped?
- Our current courier is working on an SMS tracking and notification system, but until it is ready rest assured your coffee usually gets packed and shipped out usually within 24-hours of purchase (except during weekends)
- You can reach out to us via whatsapp or our chat widget if there are any concerns regarding your delivery and we'll get back to you as soon as we can
I am buying coffee/equipment for a gift, how do i make sure it gets delivered in time?
- If your gift is to reach your recipient by a specific date we recommend you place your order at least a 7 days in advance and leave us a comment at checkout, or chat with us via the chat widget on our website
- If your gift is to reach your recipient at a specific date, please order via order.roundboyroasters.com for pre-order or same-day delivery
- If you have any last minute requests, please reach out to us via the chat widget on our website, to check if we are able to fulfil your order for self-collection at our lockers, or delivery via Grab Express/ Lalamove (additional costs apply), provided that we have the specific coffee beans or equipment in stock.
Do you do international shipping?
- Yes, we can ship to certain countries, but coffee is a restricted item for shipment to certain countries (e.g. Indonesia and the United States), Please check if coffee is allowed to your intended destination before you order.
Is this coffee ground? Will you grind my coffee?
Our default offering is coffee as whole beans. If you'd like us to grind your coffee for you, please select the “ground” option on the drop down menu of the coffee you’d like to purchase and indicate your brew method at the comment box on the check out page.
Do note that ground coffee oxidises at a faster rate than whole beans. If we send you pre-ground coffee that is within 60 hours of roast, the coffee bag may be slightly inflated as the coffee is still degassing, there is nothing wrong with the coffee, just too fresh.
Pre-ground coffee may also start to taste less fresh after 20-25 days, compared with whole beans that are ground just before brewing.
WHY DON'T YOU LIST THE ORIGINS OF THE COFFEE BEANS ON YOUR LABELS?
We believe that customers should focus on the taste and quality of our coffee, rather than being influenced by the origin of the beans. We want to encourage our customers to explore and enjoy the unique flavour profiles of our coffee, without any preconceived notions or biases.
Can I still find out where the coffee beans come from?
Absolutely! While we do not list the origins on our coffee labels, we encourage our customers to visit our website or talk to our knowledgeable baristas to learn more about the specific coffee beans used in each of our blends. We are proud to source our beans from reputable and sustainable growers from around the world, and we love sharing this information with our customers.
Does the origin of the coffee beans affect the taste of the coffee?
Yes, the origin of the beans can definitely affect the flavour profile of the coffee. Factors such as the altitude, climate, soil conditions, and processing methods can all influence the taste and aroma of the beans, which can differ greatly. However, we believe that the taste of the coffee is the most important factor, and we want our customers to judge our coffee based on its quality and taste, rather than solely on its origin.
Are there any other important details about the coffee that are not listed on the labels?
While we try to provide as much information as possible on our coffee labels, there are often other important details that are not included, such as the altitude at which the beans were grown, and the specific varietal of the beans. We encourage our customers to visit our website or speak to our baristas to learn more about these important details, as they can all have a significant impact on the taste and quality of the coffee.